Just love how the color, form and texture of the vegetable is retained in Asian cooking – all the credit goes to the low cook time I guess…
Here is one of my all time favorites, so simple and flavorsome!
Cook Time: 10mins Prep Time: 10mins
- 1 small bunch of large leaf spinach (not the baby spinach variety pls!)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large red chili (stir fry variety)
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of Shouxing rice wine
- 1 small pinch of sugar
Rinse and chop the spinach with the stalk. Slice the onions nice and long, garlic & red chili and grate ginger
Then to a hot wok add oil, chili, onions, ginger and garlic. Sauté till the onion is slightly translucent, then add the spinach and the soy sauces along with Shouxing wine.
Finally, season with salt & a sprinkle of sugar and allow to cook for 5-8mins. Done!
How easy was that??! And in case you’re wondering why I have some curry leaves in the picture… its only because I like them and wanted some green in the picture… they are not part of this recipe! 😉
Tip: Please do not put the lid on while cooking greens as this tends to dull the colors in your vegetables once cooked!